What is American Health Imaging doing to protect patients and staff?
What do I need to know about my appointment at AHI?
Our staff will contact you a few days before your appointment to properly prepare you for your visit. During this call, they will begin the screening process, answer any questions you may have, and give you instructions regarding our SAFE patient experience.
To maintain safety and convenience, we offer two check-in options: You can wait in your car, or you can wait in our sanitized, socially-distance arranged waiting area. If you have a mask that you typically wear, please bring that to your appointment. Additionally, all individuals that enter our center, including our employees, will have their temperature taken via a touchless infrared thermometer. Screening for COVID-19 is an important part of preventing the spread of this disease; so if you happen to develop cold or flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, body aches, or chills), please contact us so we can reschedule your appointment.
If you wish to utilize our SAFE curbside check-in, simply give us a call upon your arrival and a member of our staff will be out to assist you with registration and any applicable paperwork or payments. In an effort to keep your AHI experience as SAFE as possible, you’ll also notice our staff will be wearing masks and we kindly ask that you do the same while inside of our center.
As an additional safety measure, we are limiting the number of people in our facilities including non-patient visitors; so, we kindly ask our valued patients to have any non-essential companions or friends wait in the car during their exam. Once you are checked-in, one of our Patient Care Liaisons will personally guide you through our touchless appointment experience.
When your appointment is completed, we’ll provide you with a DVD of your images, escort you to your car and manage the check-out process for you. You can then expect your final radiology report to be delivered to your referring physician within 24 -48 hours.
What is AHI doing to protect patients and staff?
American Health Imaging is certified through a 5-Step Safety Program
- Patient and Staff Screenings: All patients complete multiple screening questionnaires prior to their scheduled appointment at American Health Imaging. Screenings are conducted via phone call, text message, and in case of any recent health changes, again in person upon arrival for your appointment. Additionally, your temperature will be taken prior to entry into the facility. All employees complete the same screening questionnaire and receive temperature checks every day before entering the center for their designated shift.
- Safe check-in: To maintain safety and convenience, we offer two check-in options: You can wait in your car, thereby reducing the amount of time within our center; or, you can wait in our sanitized, socially-distance arranged waiting area.
- Limited contact: As an additional safety measure to reduce potential exposure, we are limiting the number of people in our facilities, including non-patient visitors. We kindly ask our valued patients to have any companions or friends wait in the car during their exam. We also provide a true concierge experience by physically guiding you through every step of your appointment. This step allows you to minimize contact with commonly touched surfaces such as door handles and registration materials.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): We require all patients and patient-facing staff members to wear a mask at all times. Some staff members also wear gloves, gowns, and face shields for ultimate safety during certain procedures
- Clean and safe environment: We’ve further enhanced our cleaning efforts to disinfect and sanitize all high-touch surfaces throughout the day following each patient visit; and our centers are professionally disinfected with commercial-grade disinfectant products each evening.
How can I schedule an appointment at American Health Imaging?
If your physician sends your scan order directly to American Health Imaging, you can expect a call from us within 24 hours to schedule your appointment at a convenient time and location for you. In the case where your physician gives you the order to schedule, simply call us directly and one of our customer liaison specialists will personally guide you through the scheduling process. Our goal is to schedule and complete your exam as quickly, conveniently, and safely as possible; and to deliver the radiology report to your referring physician within 24 to 48 hours. You can request an appointment online or call 855-674-2464 for immediate scheduling in one of our 30 locations across 4 states. And, for your convenience, we also offer evening and weekend hours at most of our facilities.
Here’s what patients are saying about their safe experience at American Health Imaging centers.
“I will definitely be back if I need another MRI. The entire staff made me feel at ease more than any other MRI facility. All of the employees were so professional and the facility was clean and precautions were taken for COVID-19. I will recommend to all of my family and friends.”
“I had excellent treatment! Love the new COVID-19 procedures American Health Imaging is doing.”
“THIS WAS THE MOST PROFESSIONAL AND PLEASANT EXPERIENCE I’VE EVER HAD AT AN MRI CLINIC!! The atmosphere was safe and soothing, a super nice receptionist, and an equally professional technologist, ‘Betty,’ made the entire procedure as good as it gets. They even accepted me as a walk-in, and they take all major forms of insurance. A first-rate imaging operation in every respect.”
“In this Covid-19 time, I was grateful you are available and much more affordable. I’m glad the hospital couldn’t see me until July. Everyone took great care and precautions. Clearly very organized and professional in every way! Thank you and stay well!”
“The office was well laid out and everyone was wearing masks. The system that is in place to make sure everyone is distancing from each other during this pandemic is excellent!! Timing of procedures running like clockwork! Thank you AHI!”
“American Health Imaging made me feel like they took all necessary precautions to make sure their facility and the MRI machines have been sanitized before putting me in them for my safety. Due to the virus, I was thinking of canceling my appointment, but I am glad I didn’t! The staff made me feel welcome and safe. What an experience, considering the state of uncertainty!”
– Jeffrey M.
“My youngest daughter had an MRI today for her knee pain. We had to sit in the car until they brought the papers for me to fill out. Then I walked my daughter inside and handed the papers the receptionist. They were so sweet. My daughter went back immediately and I am waiting in my car. They’ve handled this Covid19 situation as best as possible.”
– Carla A
“Start to finish, this was an exceptionally smooth process. Michelle was wonderful prior to and during the appointment. Megan, the technician was equally professional and communicative. Thank you both very much for making this experience exceptional. I wish more providers exhibited this level of organization, efficiency, and professionalism.”
– Melissa P.
“They made my visit a very relaxed and comfortable experience. They were very careful to clean and were hands-on with the patient while also social distancing which was wonderful.”
– Sherry H.